Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Birthday wishes.

I'm 30!!! As promised, I have come up with a list of 30 things I want to do this year. It was actually a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. Then again, it was just making a list. Checking it off will probably be a little more challenging. In a good way.

  1. Start and maintain a blog. (Check! Well, half check.)
  2. Learn Spanish with Liam.
  3. Create and maintain a yoga and meditation practice.
  4. Get so strong and flexible that my back doesn't hurt when I drive.
  5. Get my first grown up car!
  6. Learn to use Photoshop and/or other design software.
  7. Design cards and stationary.
  8. Learn to build websites. Build a website for the Hawaiian condo.
  9. Do something new each week (not like reinvent the wheel or anything, just something out of my normal routine).
  10. Have people over for dinner at least twice a month. Don’t be afraid to mix it up!
  11. Create an even deeper connection with Billy. Dates! Passion! Fun!
  12. Read one book a week.
  13. Spend time outside every day.
  14. Carve out a little alone time (and don’t waste it watching Sex and the City reruns).
  15. Experiment with pattern and texture in my home.
  16. Tackle a few home improvement projects (like adding a back deck!).
  17. Explore the possibility of teaching.
  18. Pursue freelance writing.
  19. Watch less TV.
  20. Get informed (like world events and politics, not E! News Daily).
  21. Continue to learn about finance and investing and apply my knowledge.
  22. Find a way to consistently help others.
  23. Travel (Albuquerque, California, Rosemary Beach, Bald Head Island, Reno…).
  24. Be a more consistent and thoughtful gift-giver.
  25. Shop at the Farmers’ Market. Buy local food and products whenever possible.
  26. Take my new birthday camera everywhere I go. Be bold and actually take pictures.
  27. Make Erin teach me everything she knows about photography so we can start shooting weddings and build a business together.
  28. Work on my retreat idea. Learn, plan and ask for help (Leslie can help!).
  29. Get pregnant with our 2nd child (not until next fall – I’m shooting for a June/July 2009 baby because I think that would be a good fit for our family. Ha!).
  30. Use the law of attraction to create exactly the life I want.

I'll have to remember one important rule: no back talking the creator of the list! I know myself well enough to know that this may very well change completely over the next 12 months and that's OK. I can't go getting mad at myself every time I decide I'd rather pursue this than that. That said, I think this list is totally do-able and I'm super excited for this year!

1 comment:

Emery Jo said...

oh man, I could have written this list myself! Good stuff!

Happy belated 30th!