Tuesday, November 13, 2007

College boy.

I am so proud of my husband.

He has been going to school off and on for the last 12 years and is finally going to graduate. He passed an American Literature CLEP test last week for 6 credits and a Business test today for 3 credits. He started his last class tonight and in 5 weeks will FINALLY BE FINISHED. Hallelujah!!!

I want to stress that he is not just going to school but also working full time and is in front of advertising clients every day so he has to really work not just show up and put in his hours. He is the sole provider for our family and I know that responsibility weighs heavily on him. He rarely ever complains and is always happy to see us when he comes home. He's truly an amazing husband and father. He's loving and supportive and doesn't ever make Liam feel like he has to tiptoe around just because dad's home. He gives Liam tons of love and attention even when he doesn't want it and never gets upset when Liam runs to the door saying, "Dada's home!" and then turns and runs away crying, "Mama!" once Bill tries to pick him up. (Ouch.) He is appreciative of all I do and makes me feel like my contribution to this family is as important as his.

With him at the wheel I never worry what the future will hold for our family. There is something so magical about him and he always attracts success. I think he sometimes forgets that but I never do. Hopefully this diploma will remind him.

He has a million great ideas. I mean, literally millions of ideas. It's not even a little bit fair. Now that he won't have to devote so much time and energy to school, he'll finally be able to work on something he's really passionate about. I'm just dying to see what he tackles first. Whatever it is, it's going to be great.


Galena High School Graduation 1995

No comments: