Thursday, November 8, 2007

End of an era.

I am turning 30 next week. Inspired by my friend Heather, I am compiling a list of 30 things I want to do when I'm 30. Or in my 30s. I haven't decided yet. In the meantime, I would like to commemorate my 20s with a list of 20 things I accomplished in that decade of my life.

  1. Moved out of my parents’ house.
  2. Traveled to another country for the first time (well, not counting Mexico).
  3. Lived in another country.
  4. Ended a 5 year struggle with bulimia and anorexia.
  5. Married my BFF.
  6. Learned to SCUBA dive.
  7. Bought our first house.
  8. Figured out how to be a good wife and have a successful marriage.
  9. Graduated from college (after only 8 short years!).
  10. Convinced my boss that I should be the copywriter for my company. My first real job.
  11. Got into and out of debt. Twice.
  12. Quit smoking. Twice.
  13. Ran a ½ marathon.
  14. Sold our first house.
  15. Moved accross the country.
  16. Learned how to make and keep friends.
  17. Survived the death of my dog.
  18. Made it through pregnancy and childbirth. Became a mom.
  19. Quit working to stay home with my son.
  20. Started to figure out who I am and what I want.

Seeing all those milestones and accomplishments makes me really, really excited. I hardly even knew who I was and yet, I did all that? My 20s were a big decade for me. It’s kind of like I rushed through laying the foundation for my dream house and now I get to spend the rest of my life figuring out what to put in it.

No comments: