Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm all thumbs.

I don't know what my problem is lately but I think it's probably a good idea for me to avoid anything fragile or flammable or valuable in any way.

Last night I had two near disastrous accidents while making dinner. First, I set a pot of potatoes on the stove to boil not realizing there was a plastic lid on the burner. It took Bill coming home and smelling burning plastic for me to investigate the crackling sound coming from the smoky stove. After that I tried to melt butter in a glass measuring cup by placing it directly on the stove. The entire thing exploded and sent butter-covered glass flying all over the kitchen. Bill and I were both in the kitchen at the time but fortunately neither of us got impaled. All that and it wasn't even a fancy dinner.

Tonight in the bath, I somehow managed to knock a lit candle into the tub. Now me and the bathtub are both covered in bits of wax. Relaxing!

1 comment:

Emery Jo said...

Oh boy. I have these kind of days ALLLL the time. Like, the other day when I backed into my parent's garage door, I dropped like three things that day and also fell down when going up the stairs. Maybe some days gravity is stronger than others?