Monday, December 10, 2007

Another one bites the dust.

#17 on my list of things to do when I'm 30:

Explore the possibility of teaching.

How about I'll not only explore the possibility but actually get a job. Teaching! Well, substitute teaching. But still! I only wanted to work part-time while Liam is at his school so this is perfect. As long as my background check comes back clean (which, unless I'm hiding something from myself, should be no problem), I'll start substituting at an independent K-8 academy in my neighborhood in the next week or so. Eeee! I'm so excited!!!

I got to tour the school this morning after my interview. Every time I went into a classroom one or two student ambassadors would come shake my hand, introduce themselves, and tell me a little bit about their classroom and what they were working on. If I hadn't been prepared, I would have totally started crying. If I was in the kindergarten classroom, I could have used the "crying tent" - a little tent with pillows and books and a box of Kleenex where kids can go if they need a moment to let it out. How cute is that?

It's an amazing school and I'm excited to be a part of it.

1 comment: