Monday, December 10, 2007

Like a bird on a wire.

This morning while I was getting ready for my interview I noticed this in my bathtub:

At first glance I thought it was a muddy cat print from Mr. Bird and his insatiable thirst for bathtub water but on closer inspection, I realized it was bird poop. In my house! The intruder must have come in through the window. I'm hoping he went out the way he came in.

Does this look like an invitation to poop in my tub?

The curtain rod must have looked like a mighty nice place to rest.
And poop.

Birds gross me out. They are too fragile and fast moving and Bill says they have hollow bones which I think is disgusting. Once a bird got in to a house I was house sitting and I just left it there because I was too freaked out to touch it. As I slowly backed away from the house, my friend Erin drove by and saved the day. Without her, the bird would have been flying around their house pooping for several more days. That's just bad house sitting!

Last year we had mice in our house. I don't know if they have hollow bones or not but they totally gross me out too. Ew...I can't even think about it without getting the creeps.

I don't care what you say - that is NOT cute.

5 comments:

Emery Jo said...

HAHA okay, that mouse isn't nearly as cute as the mouse I saw the other day. Ick!

Your bathroom is AMAZING. I love it. If I come stay with you someday, can I sleep in there?

FLUUD7 said...

LOL. I loved this! I found your page while looking for a picture of bird poop. Weird, I realize. But I was writing a blog about a bird took a dump on my head today and needed - well, okay...WANTED - a picture. I do know that MOST people have a fairly good understanding of what bird poop looks like, but ya know...just in case. :)

If you're interested in reading the story, it's here. But I mostly just wanted to say thanks for the laugh! :)

FLUUD7 said...

I also just realized that we have the same blogger background. But my telling you that has no relevance whatsoever.

k said...

the random thing is that I found this page looking for a picture of bird poop, too! So hilarious. (Also just had a bird poop on me and needed a picture. ;-))

Maggie said...

i can't believe how many people get pooped on by birds! i never thought i'd be grateful that i only had bird poop in my TUB!