Monday, July 14, 2008

I love my neighborhood!

On my way home from the YMCA just then, I passed my neighborhood firehouse where one of the firemen was standing on top of the truck spraying the hose about 30 feet into the air. The 4-way stop was at a standstill as everyone rubber-necked to see what the heck was going on. When it was finally my turn to go, I inched forward, squinting up at the geyser to see if I could figure out what was wrong. That's when I saw them. Dozens of kids were running around the firehouse lawn, laughing and playing in the water. How cute is that? It totally made my day. Well, that and skipping on the treadmill. It was so much more fun than running!

3 comments:

Anna said...

i know, east nashville is something special. i got teary on halloween when i passed an entire family dressed as the incredibles on eastland avenue as they waved to all the cars. i may not be that cool, but i'm happy to know that my neighbors are! :)

Emery Jo said...

Awwwww.... firemen are so cool. I love how tidy their lawns always are. And how big their biceps always are. Ahem.

katie said...

I asked Eddie if they ever do that and he unfortunately answered "no". That would be cool if they did that here in Reno:)