Thursday, October 16, 2008

Giving is the greatest gift of all.

Once again I have found inspiration at Digging to China. Courtney just signed up for a 29-Day Giving Challenge, committing to give something every day for 29 days. When my initial reaction was, "I wish I had something to give," I knew I had stumbled across this challenge for a reason.

So, I signed up! It's not totally out of character for me to jump on the bandwagon like that (once at work I signed up to run a marathon not because I was a runner but because someone asked me to) but yet, there was nothing halfhearted about my decision.

Giving at a time when you don't think you have anything to spare is a powerful reminder of how abundant and rich the universe is. There is always enough if we choose to see it that way. I think a 29 day practice of that would do me a world of good right now.

Not only that but I believe that the more you give, the more you receive. With the economy the way it is, it's easy to sit back and think, "poor little me..." But clutching onto your dwindling dollars in fear will only disrupt the flow of prosperity. If you focus on what you don't have, how will you ever have more?

I can talk the talk for days but it's time for me to walk the walk. Anyone want to join me?

www.29gifts.org

No comments: