Monday, February 16, 2009

The queen of good intentions.

Well, another gift-giving holiday has come and gone and I have nothing to show for it but the homemade cards and cookies I didn't get around to sending and an extra large helping of regret.

I did a horrible job sending gifts at Christmas and when I tried to make up for it by sending extra special thank yous, I totally failed at that as well. I never got around to sending my New Year's gifts or Chinese New Year's gifts or just-because-we-love-you gifts either. I have actually gained weight from eating all the cookies and treats I have made for my family and never sent. That's a lot of good intentions!

Even though it didn't require shopping or packing or shipping (which I'm assuming is at the crux of my shoddy follow through), I didn't manage to come up with a traditional Valentine's Day scavenger hunt for Liam until it was too late and Bill had already planned one. While it's not something I'm proud of, sometimes procrastination can be a very good thing.

I hope you had lots of love and happiness this Valentine's day. Although I'm pretty sure it's just a made-up holiday meant to guilt us into buying more stuff we don't need. Good thing for quirky family traditions! They can make even the most consumer-tastic days feel special. Without a trip to the mall.

1 comment:

Girl Healthy said...

I'll take those well intentioned baked goods off your hands any day.