Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Tag this.

This morning I logged onto Facebook, like you do, and found that I'd been tagged in several photos from a surprise party I went to on Saturday night. This always makes me feel a bit uneasy. I mean, if you're not the one posting the pictures, who's to say if they look good or not? I take a lot of pictures so I can tell you, while some turn out great, most are just okay. A good chunk are usually really, really bad. (Like the time Bill took pictures of me and Liam on a porch swing from an angle that just happened to shine the flash right up my dress making the spot where my legs come together look exactly like a totally bald vajayjay.)

I had seen enough of the pictures on Saturday night to know I was not looking my best. Add to that the fact that I had been completely acting like a fool at the party and, well, drum roll, please...

Here we are watching You-Tube in an attempt to learn the dance from Oops I Did it Again. I wonder whose idea that was? Probably not the girl swinging her hair in a way that says, trust me on this one you guys, Britney is practically like my best friend or something.

I stayed in this room most of the night. Not because I'm totally anti-social and didn't know most of the people at the party, but because it had balloons and hula hoops and music I could dance to. There was a weight bench too, just in case.

I managed to drag myself away from the dance party just long enough to refill my wine glass and join a band.

Have you witnessed the awesomeness that is Rock Band? It's like guitar hero (which is obviously really hard for me) with drums and singing.

Yeah like karaoke.

Only it's even more awesome than karaoke because there are two other people playing with you. It's fairly easy to convince yourself that most of the people standing around snickering are probably watching the guitar player or the drummer. Chances are no one can even hear the high pitched screeching you are trying to pass of as Weezer. It's quite liberating.

And now, the whole reason Facebook invented the "remove tag" option:

Do you see me? In the background? I'm the one talking to a guy I met who grew up in Reno. I'm like, Wow, what a small world! By the way, did Sarah mention...(here's where my voice would get all deep and scary)...I'm PURE EVIL! Alright, maybe I don't look evil so much as, well, totally un-photogenic. Nothing like a little zoom to fix that:

PURE EVIL!!!

PS - How come no one told me my hair is red? I had no idea.

7 comments:

Sip said...

Hahaha my boss was sitting around here as I was reading this, and it was all I could do to not burst out laughing at the bottom of this post. You are hilarious!

bill said...

wow, best picture ever. they caught your evil side perfectly. now the world will see proof! i can't believe i missed the party and rock band. i had fun kickin it with toddlers.

sunT said...

hahahahahaaaa!

CelinaQ said...

Hi-Larious! I love that last picture of you, Maggie!

LClaire said...

Thanks for letting me know about 'remove tag'!!! You've changed my life - I thought I was stuck with the shame!

Girl Healthy said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one who untags myself. There have been some real winners out there.

Katie said...

Love the weight bench comment! I think I am one of only a few people who have not played Rock Star OR Guitar Hero, I better get my ass in gear!