Friday, May 22, 2009

On location.

Right now I'm sitting on the front porch of our guest cottage in Blufton, South Carolina, watching my boys explore the lush landscape of our temporary home. It's raining lightly which makes the huge, moss-covered trees above us seem like they are alive. If it wasn't for the mosquitoes who love me and only me, this would be a little piece of heaven. You know what, even with the mosquitoes (who are only slightly deterred by DEET), this place if pretty darn perfect.

Our cottage is on the right; the big house on the left is where my in-laws are staying with some other relatives. The home belongs to a friend of the family who let us all stay here. For free! I love the South.

We left Nashville Wednesday so we could take our time getting here (we're going to a wedding on Saturday). We spent some time in Chattanooga at the Aquarium (and TGIFriday's and Ben & Jerry's...) and have decided that it is a very cute town.

Liam was "scared" of the sharks - look how tightly he's hugging my neck!

The butterfly garden - fun for me but the mist in the air freaked Liam out.

A ray eating a shrimp out of Bill's hand!

These jellyfish were amazing but...

...for Liam's money, it's all about the mirror.

You cannot imagine how hard I smacked my head on this thing.
I guess it's not meant for full grown adults.


We stayed the night in Atlanta before driving the rest of the way. Check out the great view from our balcony - Thanks Priceline (and Bill for finding it)!

For someone who normally won't sleep in the car, Liam has surprised us all with some epic naps.

Today we will hopefully spend some time digging in the sand at the beach and eating more buckets of fresh shrimp, corn on the cob, sausage and potatoes.

Happy trails!

3 comments:

ae said...

Oh, Chattanooga is a great little town. If you stop on your way back, get out and stretch your legs at Coolidge Park - Liam will love the Animal Fountain - it's meant for kids to play in while concrete animals spit water. And the carousel there is amazing!

When Matt and I were long-distance dating Chattanooga was the halfway point between Nashville and Atlanta. We did quite a few weekends there.

Enjoy your weekend - that cottage is to die for!

Courtney said...

Glad you are having a beautiful vacation! Lovely cottage!
Chattanooga is one of our favorite kid-friendly towns. There is SO much to do with kids there! I smacked my head on that darn thing too now that you mention it!
Have a wonderful week! I'm going to "the beach" in a week and a half. The countdown has begun!

hezza said...

yay!