Thursday, May 7, 2009

Southwest shortcut.

Just a quick tip for the next time you're booking a flight on Southwest...

If you, like me, can be semi-flexible with your travel dates, there is a special hidden tool that can help you get the best deal. Instead of clicking "Book a Flight" on the homepage, choose "Travel Tools" up at the top and then "Use Southwest Shortcut" from the menu (or, click here for an even shorter shortcut). From here, you choose where you want to go and what dates you prefer. Then a calendar pops up showing you the lowest fare available on the dates you chose as well as for the rest of the month.

Isn't that so much easier than doing all the leg work yourself? It used to take me forever to book flights because I wouldn't commit until I had checked out every possible day/time combination for the cheapest fare. (I used to work at an airline so I know that a little flexibility can sometimes save you a lot of money.) Now I just find the cheapest dates available and edit my trip accordingly. What a great little...shortcut! (Perfect name.)

PS - Please tell me this is life-changing information that will save you time and money the next time you travel. If I come to find out that using the Southwest Shortcut is sooo five years ago and everyone and their mom already knows about it, I'll be a little bummed. No one likes to be the last to know. Just ask classic Britney.

5 comments:

Sandra Winfrey said...

I did NOT know about it, and I am pleased that you shared this information with me! :)

P.S. What did you do for the airline? Were you a flight attendant? I always thought you looked like one ... :)

erin said...

Definitely life-changing. I've been trying different combinations of dates for a last-minute flight to Baltimore for two days! Your timing is perfect. And so are you.

also, You DEFINITELY look like a flight attendant, but one of those hot ones from the 60s, in short skirts and pillbox hats.

No Mommy Brain said...

i wish i had been a hot 60s style flight attendant! so much cuter than the pleated khaki shorts they wear today. still, being a flight attendant in pleated shorts would have been way cooler than working in the call center. it wasn't a very glamorous job but i got to fly for free whenever i wanted. not a bad perk!

Sarah Lindahl said...

This has nothing to do with your post, sorry, I just wanted to wish you a happy Mother's Day. I enjoy reading your blog!
Sarah

No Mommy Brain said...

aw...thanks, sarah! it was a wonderful weekend.