Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Miss Matched meets her match.

If you ever accidentally wear a pair of shoes that is not so much a pair of shoes as it is two completely different shoes that together make a pair, don't panic.

I mean, most likely it's pretty obvious how you made the mistake in the first place. It's not like you're wearing one stiletto and one flip flop, right?

People are not only very likely to understand, there's a pretty good chance they might not even notice. Even when you're like, "Hey, like my shoes..." in that voice that is like, "Obviously there's something really, really wrong with what is on my feet!"

This won't happen with all people, of course. Some folks have eagle eyes and can spot a mismatched pair of shoes across the room. Especially if they happen to see you at just the right (or wrong...) angle.

But, even if that does happen; even if the whole party gathers around to point and laugh and admire your shoes, don't panic! You just never know who might be inspired by your mistake. One woman's wardrobe malfunction is another man's bold fashion statement.

If imitation is the highest form of flattery, you should be feeling pretty darn good right about now.

PS - No, those are not my super toned and tanned legs donning the mismatched pair of shoes. I am protecting the identity of the trend setting fashionista who rocked that look and inspired a young man to follow his dreams and instantly double the size of his shoe wardrobe.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I did that!!! When I was pregnant with JT...at work! And forget my socks a few times. But I am most famous for wearing 2 different hoop earrings. I love it!

MarvelousMOM said...

hehe, way to be a good sport.

ae said...

Oh, I've done that - usually when I have the exact same shoes in Navy and Black.

Step away from the crazy lady, kids!