Sunday, November 8, 2009

Two.

It has been two years since I started this blog! (And almost two weeks since I posted anything but who's counting...) Whew! Where has the time gone? It seems like only yesterday I was writing and posting on a regular basis. And now? Well... let's just say those were the good ol' days.

How about to celebrate this momentous occasion I'll tell you about some of the things I would have written about this week (or last week) if I had more time and/or time management skills? Sound fun? Let's go!

I saw a homeless man pushing around a vacuum cleaner in his shopping cart. What?! I could have written for days about something as ludicrous as that! (And I would have found a way to work in how much I love my new Dyson!)

I dropped and broke another camera. Now I have to use the good one if I want to take pictures and I'm afraid I just can't be bothered. Turns out I'm a point-and-shoot kind of gal.

Bill and I saw Leonard Cohen and he opened the show with Dance Me to the End of Love- the song we had read at our wedding! If that's not a post, I don't know what is!

Liam had a nightmare about Tivo!

I cooked and ate and enjoyed fish. This is kind of a big deal. You'd understand if I had taken the time to write about it in excruciating detail.

Bill fell in a stream while holding Liam. After he went on and on about how I shouldn't try crossing it because I would probably fall in and hurt myself or, at the very least, break the good camera. Ha!

Uh, what else... Oh, just freaking HALLOWEEN! Not only is it like the most fun holiday of the entire year, there are also costumes. Which means, the pictures? Extra cute. Here's what I probably would have posted a week ago had I gotten it together in time:

I'm involved in a messy affair with a ream of construction paper and several glue sticks. It takes up all my time and makes every surface of my home look like a paper shredder threw up on it. It's awesome. Hopefully you'll get to see our love child very soon...

When I'm not working on my project or doing all the other stuff I'm supposed to be doing, I am obsessing about how badly I want the brown fuzzy Snuggie I spotted at Costco. I was totally content wearing my bathrobe backwards before I saw that thing. Now I want the real deal.

Oh, hell yes.

Speaking of which, there are at least a couple posts I could write about Costco at any given time.

I took all of Liam's old clothes out of the basement, washed them and put them into proper storage boxes (the trash bags I originally used were not cutting it anymore). He used to be a baby, you know...

This parenting business is heartbreaking work.

So, yeah. I guess that's it. Happy anniversary, No Mommy Brain! If this is the beginning of the terrible twos, we're all in trouble...

THANK YOU for all the support and love and feedback you have given me over the last two years. If it wasn't for you (yes, you!) who knows if I'd still be writing. I appreciate you more than you may ever know.

5 comments:

Katie said...

We love and appreciate you too! And we bought a Dyson when I was growing JT in my belly and we LOVE LOVE IT!

bill said...

congrats mommy, mommy, no brain. i'm proud of you and excited for you to share your latest project with the world.

hezza said...

hey! shut up and go write your book!
you know I'm kidding, I'm a big no mommy brain fan.

Timshel said...

The Snuggie thing is a fantastic idea. Can we get one that comes with my one wool sock and my son's underwear static-stuck to the back too? Cuz I am not sure I could really relax until that was happening. Glad you're back :).

Timshel said...

The Snuggie thing is a fantastic idea. Can we get one that comes with my one wool sock and my son's underwear static-stuck to the back too? Cuz I am not sure I could really relax until that was happening. Glad you're back :).