Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday morning fever.

I just got out of a killer shower dance party and noticed the bathroom window was open a little. I'm almost positive no one can see us when it's open so it's not that big of a deal but I am kinda curious if anyone could hear me getting low to Little Jon while I was in there. Da-dum-dum-dum...

Normally I wouldn't even think about something like this but our neighbors are having a birthday party for their four year old son today and their house has been teeming with family all morning. We'll be at the party later this afternoon, but for now I guess it's just all the out-of-towners hanging out with the birthday boy before the big event. If I sound a little jealous or bitter it's because I totally am. I would LOVE for Liam to have all of his aunts and uncles and cousins and grandparents travel here for his birthday party. I know it's our fault for moving so far away but I still can't help but feel a twinge of envy when I look out and see generations of neighbors hanging out on the back porch, sipping coffee and watching the kids play in the yard.

But I swear that's not why I left the window open. Forcing someone else's Grandma and Grandpa to listen to me take it to the windows... to the walls... was not some half-baked way of getting revenge on my geographically challenged family situation. I just wanted to get my dance on and couldn't bear to close the windows on such a pretty day.

At least by keeping the dance party confined to my shower I can avoid a scene like this:



I'd be like a two-for-one deal if I tried to go clubbing - old and pregnant!

If it wasn't so nice out, I would totally watch that movie for the 768th time today. Instead, I think I'll go fall asleep in the backyard. Hopefully I'll find a spot where none of the party people have to see me.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

hezza said...

I love this whole post, but the cherry on top is that the knocked up scene is someone video-taping their tv.
Enjoy your day!

No Mommy Brain said...

seriously! it makes the video like a hundred times more entertaining...