Monday, May 3, 2010

After the flood.

Today is so beautiful and sunny (and dry!). It seems truly impossible that yesterday much of Nashville was under water.

Isn't that incredible? At one point, a mobile classroom building got caught up in the flood waters and carried down the Interstate. It's hard to fathom how that is even remotely possible but I swear it happened. I don't have any personal photos to share because, thankfully, our little home managed to weather the storm unscathed. Not even our basement flooded! Also, I'm a good girl so when the Mayor said to stay home and get off the roads, I listened!

We spent all day yesterday hunkered down, listening to the rain pour down in buckets and watching enough local news to satisfy us for at least the next year or so (yet somehow we missed the Weather Penis!). If it wasn't for the destruction happening all around us, it would have been a real nice little Sunday.

Since there wasn't much else to do, I actually managed to get all of my April photos uploaded and sent off to the Grandparents and aunts and uncles. I've done this every month since Liam was born but this is probably the first time I've done it so soon after the month has ended. It's not unusual for me to procrastinate several months and then spend a whole grueling day editing and uploading (and whining and cursing) and swearing I'll never let myself get so behind again.

When I had all the photos ready to go, I showed the slide show to Bill and Liam. When we got to the end Bill said, "Wow. Those photos make it look like we had a really good month." I scrolled back through and agreed.

You'd never know looking at our smiling faces that April 2010 was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad month. But it was. Oh, how it was.

I am incredibly glad the month is over and done with. Good riddance! I like to think that the weekend flood washed away all the bad ju-ju so May (and ever after!) will be an awesome, amazing, no whammies, very good month.

Bring it on. I'm ready.

1 comment:

Cora White said...

Sorry that you April was no fun. That flooding looks scary.
During the big snows I stayed in myself. That is where knitting comes in handy. It makes lock down feel a little less confining.