Monday, November 22, 2010

Attitude of gratitude.

What a weekend! In addition to my very first book signing (woo hoo!) we also had a five year old's birthday party (with a bounce house that I dominated...without peeing my pants!), a going away party (where Liam discovered a new bestie - she's my age - and Finn wore a tuxedo), a one year old's birthday party (beer and cupcakes in the afternoon...yes please!), and a wine-fueled clothing swap that I had to skip (by that point in the weekend I was pretty spent...and I had pink eye).

The whole thing left me feeling overwhelmed with gratitude (and just slightly uncomfortable in my right eye). Especially the book signing. I would say about 90% of the people who showed up were friends of mine who came out to show support and buy my book. It was incredible to look up during my reading to see all those familiar faces - friends and their children (and their parents!), my two beautiful sons and even my husband who's been knocking on death's door for a close to a week now.

Thankfully he hasn't shared his illness with the rest of us.

So, with Thanksgiving just a few days away, I have decided to dedicate this week (specifically my Facebook status updates...) to all the things I am thankful for. On Thanksgiving Day I will gather up all my weekly status updates (with photos when possible!) and post them here on my blog. I'm guessing I'll have a lot more updates than I usually do. Once you start noticing all the little things in your life that you're thankful for, the list really piles up. I'm hoping some of my Facebook friends will jump on the Thanksgiving bandwagon as well. I'd love to hear about all the things they have to be thankful for. And what a way to kick of the holidays!

3 comments:

Cora White said...

I live in md and was wondering if there was anywhere other then Amazon i can buy your book?

No Mommy Brain said...

no, unfortunately there's not. you could buy a copy directly from me if you like. i could sign it for you and everything! just email me.

Courtney said...

you are cooler than cool and I need to get a copy of your book! I'll pick up a copy from you after Thanksgiving...help me remember...Lord knows my brain is only working at about 20% with two toddlers on the run! Happy Thanksgiving!