Friday, November 26, 2010

Giving thanks.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. As promised, I kept my Facebook friends thoroughly annoyed all week by frequently updating my status with things I am thankful for. I didn't post about anything huge, just the little stuff I noticed as I went through the day. It was really fun, especially when I was able to incorporate a photo into my post. It made me slow down and appreciate things in a totally different way. And when I was having a dark cloud moment, it forced me to look for the silver lining.

I'm so thankful for these little hands.

Here's what caught my attention this week:

I'm thankful that pink eye only hurts the eye, not the whole body.

I'm thankful for incidental learning - Liam's writing practice equals my grocery list!

I'm thankful for these cheeks and the way they jiggle while riding in the stroller.

I'm thankful for 70 degrees in November, little boys dressed like super heroes, Shelby Bottoms Greenway and Sandy Atkins for giving my boys this super cool bike.

I'm thankful for the not-so-secret lake at Shelby Bottoms...and for lots of rocks to throw in the water.

I'm thankful for leftover birthday cupcakes (thanks Linnet!).

I'm thankful that Finn screaming in the car ALL THE WAY HOME only happens once in a while now. In unrelated news - I'm thankful for this bottle of wine.

I'm thankful for the REALLY LOUD soul music playing at my doctor's office this morning. It's weird but I like it.

I'm thankful that Cougartown quoted Antoine Dodson's, "You are so dumb!" in last week's show. I love that guy. And that show. And Tivo.



I am seriously thankful this damn dream catcher is finished. Don't let the kid-friendly packaging fool you - this craft was some serious business!

If my husband cooked dinner and it sucked, I'd still be thankful that he cooked. The fact that it's always great? There are no words.

I'm so thankful Finny found his fingers!

A full night's sleep! 9 hours!! Thank you, Finn! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I'm thankful for found art - Liam loves cantaloupe!

I'm thankful that this little turkey is the perfect size for holding.

I am so thankful that Liam loves to read.

I'm thankful for Wheel of Fortune.

I'm thankful for a sweet smelling baby, clean sheets & an early bedtime.

There were many many more things I wanted to post but I was starting to get annoyed with myself and didn't want to have to hide Maggie Day Conran from my newsfeed. But I'm thankful for the mini photo journal I have from this week and am hopeful that I'll continue to spot the magic in the mundane.

Big picture wise, there's a lot that I'm thankful for. But mostly it's the people in my life. Friends who feel like family. Neighbors who have made this house our home. An incredible husband (and friend and father and person...) who has given me two amazing little boys and worked hard to ensure I can stay home to raise them (and never once has he asked what the hell I do all day). I'm thankful for my parents who continue to evolve and grow in their relationship no matter what kind of curve ball life throws at them and my in-laws who have become the kind of grandparents any kid would be lucky to have. I'm thankful for my sister and her lovely family who have taught us all about strength and courage this year. I'm thankful for my cousin who has always been the person in my life I've looked up to and aspired to be more like. I could seriously go on and on. But my husband just got home from braving the Black Friday crowds with a new pizza stone and he likes it when I sit in the kitchen and watch him cook. So yeah... you could say I'm a pretty thankful gal.

Thanksgiving 2010.

No comments: