Thursday, June 30, 2011

A little of this, a little of that.

I don't want to brag or anything but my boys and I have eaten eighteen nectarines this week. EIGHT. TEEN. NECTARINES. A dozen and a half. Since Monday. Afternoon. And since you already know that my five year old eats like a bird on a hunger strike and my 10 month old, while a very enthusiastic eater, is still like, a baby,with a baby-sized stomach (although he might have a hollow leg...), that means I have eaten one heck of a lot of fruit this week.

It's not my fault, I swear. The nectarines made me do it. I was just walking along in Costco, minding my own business, when all of a sudden that cartoon thing happened where a delicious smell went right up my nose and pulled me backward by my head until my face was buried in a cardboard pillar of nectarine boxes. I was inhaling loudly saying, "Wow! Ohmygosh! Amazing! You've got to smell this!"

I bet Liam is SO GLAD he finally learned how to roll his eyes.

At least, he THINKS he can roll his eyes.

So what could I do? I bought myself a $9 box of nectarines and went home to eat the whole thing. And then, two days and twelve nectarines later? I stuck the boys in the car and drove them all the way across town to pick up another box.

With basil, mozzarella, olive oil, salt & pepper...
Like a bowl full of summer for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

It seemed a little frivolous driving all that way for one thing but once we got there Liam remembered that he needed to pick something up as well.

As soon as we walked in the door he said, "Oh good! I can finally get you some flowers!" Okay first he said, "Plain cheese pizza and Sprite! Plain cheese pizza and Sprite!" Then he grabbed his crotch and yelled, "I have to pee!" But then he remembered the flowers.

He'd been talking about giving me flowers all week. It started after he spent four times longer getting ready for bed than should ever be humanly possible and I sighed and said something about being disappointed (it was at the end of a VERY LONG DAY). He sighed too and said, "I wish I could give you some flowers." His chin was quivering as he said it. I know. When I asked why he wanted to give me flowers he said (chin still quivering), "I just want you to be really happy." Ugh. What a killer...

Also on his shopping list this week? "Big White Tiger"
(Bought with some of his hot sauce money!)

I guess I just wanted you to know that he's not always a foul-mouthed nut job. Sometimes he truly is the sweetest kid alive. Unlike my diet, he's very well balanced.

I can't tell if it's funny or not that as I'm finishing up this post wherein I call Liam "the sweetest kid alive", he's in the next room SCREAMING and stomping his feet and has been for the past ten minutes. Apparently he thinks "QUIET TIME IS SO STUPID!!" Also, he no longer likes me and thinks Finn is the ONLY sweet one in the house. All in the name of balance I guess...

No comments: