Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Baby love.

I love this baby.

Crazy, insane, who could believe it, madly, deeply, LOVE.

He's...I don't even know. Perfect would be an understatement.

He has the power to make me melt in about a million different ways. When I pick him up to plop him on my hip and he exhales in my ear. When he smiles a little bigger than he has to and I get to see all of his teeth. When I ask him a question like, "Do you want some milk?" and he squeals and claps like it's the best thing he's ever heard. When he hears thunder or a loud truck and fast-crawls straight to me for reassurance.

He loves it when I pretend to eat his fingers.

And gasps with excitement when I carry him out of his room after a nap.

He crawls and cruises like a little champ. Which is adorable until you suddenly realize he's disappeared. "Where's Finn? Finny? Liam, have you seen Finn? Seriously you guys, WHERE IS FINN?!?"

"He's right here, Mama," Liam says laughing. And sure enough, there he is, sitting on the floor in plain view playing with a block or looking for something to put in his mouth.

"That's so funny!" I say. "I looked in here five times already but I didn't even see him!"

"Well, he's a living thing but he's really small. It's easy to forget he's here!"

What an adorable little surprise!

He (finally) likes reading books together. And will even turn the pages if I ask him to. He gets so excited. Every new page is like the best thing that's ever happened to him.

His excitement is contagious. And his laugh? Like music to my ears.

I can already tell he has a great sense of humor. Like when I dance or sing for him he looks at me like, "You're joking, right?" Or winces and blinks his eyes when he tastes something he's not sure that he likes. "But he's Finny," Liam says. "He likes everything!" And he does. So far. But he also likes to make us laugh.

He loves to be part of the action and will happily play with the big kids as long as we'll let him.

(Although, this does NOT apply to child care at the YMCA. That makes him cry hysterically off and on until I get back.)

When I tell him no, he laughs like it's the funniest thing he's ever heard. And then he does whatever I told him not to do again and again, and again...

If I try not to say no ("Ah ah ah, Finny..."), he mocks me ("Aaah! Aaah! Aaah!!!").

He's hilarious.

I love him.

So, so, so much.

No comments: