Friday, August 19, 2011

End of an era.

I know today is Friday but it doesn't feel like Friday. No, no, no. This is way too quiet for a Friday. I'm used to Fridays being more like this:
But today it's just me and my baby hanging out in this big quiet house all alone. Okay, it's not really that big. But it feels big today. I think it's all the quiet. Way too quiet for a Friday...

For three-and-a-half years, Friday has been Sia day. From 8:30 in the morning until 6:30 at night, she was a part of our family. Sort of like my Friday daughter. We even had a cheer that we did on Thursday nights. "Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, S-I-A!" (We pumped our fists and everything!)

From a wee bitty baby (who cried a lot for no reason!) to a four year old little lady, we've watched her grow and change and master all sorts of amazing things over the years. Crawling, eating, walking, talking, potty training, sharing, learning, using her words, making good choices, getting really into bad guys and Spider-Man...the good, the bad, the ugly, you name it.

But today, instead of being with me, she's at school. Like a big girl. Because just like all the little people in my life, she's growing up. And that's just the way it happens.

After her first day of preschool on Monday she called Liam to tell him all about it. Her Friday brother. Her best friend. Such a bond those two have. Hopefully they always will...

(I think they will.)

I'm so proud of the girl she's become and excited for her next step.

And for mine.

Because I'm growing up, too. We all are. And that's just the way it happens.

We love you, Sia! And we're so thankful you're in our lives...

3 comments:

Grandmother Fancy said...

Maggie-- That was wonderful. I love Sia too. And I love the photos you took of Liam and Sia thru the years. I'll miss her when I visit."Can Grandma help you Sia" response "No----Maggie do it".You know I remember Bill and Rainey just like these two---seems like yesterday!

Jen Bonow said...

Oh Mag, this totally made me cry. A's first birthday at the end of the week is killing me-I can't believe how fast they grow up! I hope you're all well.

No Mommy Brain said...

aw, happy birthday to both of you! it goes SO fast, doesn't it? sigh...