Thursday, July 19, 2012

Extra, extra!

I have some news to share. I think it's too great to simply say it so instead I'm going to steal a press release from the GAC website (that's Great American Country if you, like me, wouldn't know a boot scoot 'n boogie if it jumped up and bit you) and swap MY name for the famous country singer's name. Stick with me here. This should all make sense eventually...
Jo Dee Messina’s Maggie Conran's humorous parenting blog, The Fumbling Mom Just say NO to Mommy Brain!, will be featured in The Tennessean. Debuting May 24 July 19 and periodically going forward, the paper will share content from Jo Dee’s Maggie's blog in its Family section. Jo Dee Maggie, a mom to three-year-old Noah and 16-week-old Jonah six-year-old Liam and (almost) two-year-old Finn, will provide stories, tips and more for The Tennessean. Her contributions will be in both the print publication and online.
Alright, that was way more confusing than it needed to be. But, yay! My writing and pictures are now going to be featured in The Tennessean! Today my first post ran and I have to admit it was really cool to sit with the boys and read something I had written straight out of the newspaper.

Liam enjoyed the story and was not at all embarrassed or uncomfortable that something about his life was out there for everyone to enjoy (phew!). We talked about the difference between the "real" Liam and the "character" Liam (and Mama and Finn...) and he seemed to really get that by writing about some details while emitting others, writers can shape experiences into stories. Stories that are true but in a somewhat fictionalized way. That might not make any sense to you but I swear Liam understood. And that's what really matters, right?

3 comments:

Caddie said...

You're famous!!! Congrats!! :-)

Anonymous said...

This is huge! Congratulations!!

Timshel said...

How did I miss this?!! You can officially stop talking to me now. Again, wooooohoooooo!!!!!!