Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Mini me.

Hello. My name is Maggie. And I drive a mini van.


Yes, it's true. I am now a card-carrying member of the full-on ain't no trying to deny it mommy club. Which, obviously, I've been in for quite some time. But now I'm seriously dressing the part.

What? It's better than mom jeans.

Besides, I would be lying if I said I wasn't completely IN LOVE with my sensible new ride. It seats seven comfortably (and by comfortably I mean all seven people can actually feel the air conditioning). Has two (or three? I don't even know) video screens because there is NOTHING more annoying than having to watch the same show as your brother while being driven to your next play date (I will not raise spoiled brats, I will not raise spoiled brats, I will not...). I can open the doors, start the engine, phone a friend, and make a grilled cheese sandwich all with the simple touch of a button (there goes my strength training!).

Plus, you gotta love the satisfying thump of a Volkswagen...

Routan: German for no mommy brain.




















But it's more than just a laundry list of creature comforts. For whatever reason, this car, or should I say, this van, feels like what I should have been driving all along. Do you know what I mean? It's like when you get a certain hair cut and suddenly feel like, "Yes! That's me! That's what I'm supposed to look like!" Every time I climb aboard, that's how I feel. Like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

Plus, as my sister said when I told her we were taking the plunge, "You're like a professional mommy blogger now. It would be weird if you drove anything but a mini van." I guess if the shoe fits...

1 comment:

Morning Cloak said...

Love the new whip (and all your recent posting)!