Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday morning.

My husband just brought me coffee, cereal and my laptop in bed. I think I'll take the hint...

It's Sunday morning. The boys are having a dance party in the kitchen to bad 80s party music like Ice Ice Baby, It Takes Two, Push It, and Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go. I got to sleep in which is awesome every single time it happens (usually at least once a weekend - we take turns getting up with the boys). We woke up at the same time yesterday though (at the Loews Vanderbilt! Bill got a room because his company held a conference there this week so we had a little staycation...) so I am definitely getting spoiled.

We slept in Liam's "old room" last night. He started sharing a room with Finn a month or two ago and now anytime I say something like, "Will you take this to your room for me?" he  automatically corrects me. "Don't you mean my old room (in air quotes)?" We're going to probably turn it back into our living room at some point but for now it's just Liam's "old room" and a guest room when we have company.

It came in handy last night because our room was such a wreck we could hardly find the bed. We're painting. For the first time ever. We've lived in this house for eight years and have hated the color of our bedroom ever since we moved in. But we could never figure out what to do with it so we just did nothing. Then it became the dumping ground for everything that didn't have a home (the loud red rug, the computer desk, a couple extra chairs...) and so we just sort of let it be. But it's high time we loved our room. So we're painting. It's always a good first step...

I definitely have an idea of what I want the room to look like but because there are so many unknowns it feels very wait and see. In my head it is all going to work but I won't know fore sure until it all comes together in the space. Here's sort of what we're going for...


Source: bhg.com via Maggie on Pinterest










Source: google.com via Maggie on Pinterest





So far we have painted the walls a nice, warm white. The bed will be primarily white too which will hopefully help balance out more colorful things (hello, rug!) and give us an eclectic yet calm vibe. Today I will paint the trim the same white in a semi gloss instead of eggshell. I will also hopefully finish at least one of the bedside tables (I'm priming and painting...will definitely show you before and afters) and brave the big bad world of retail in search of some of the things floating around in my head.







Of course these things always look great on a Pinterest board and then you click on them and see that each lamp costs $200 and the pretty little pillow that would look just right on a chair actually costs more than the chair itself. So, we'll see. Seems like kind of a lot to fit into a Sunday (there's also Titans football!). Especially after a not-so-great night's sleep. The bed itself was super comfy but Finn woke up at some point and then Liam woke up and couldn't find us and got totally freaked out (poor guy) so I pulled him into bed with us and them I'm pretty sure I spent the rest of the night sleeping on my back with my arms up over my head. It was kind of a tight fit so I guess that was the only place my arms could go. Let's hope it doesn't affect my ability to paint.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

You need to check out Joss and Main (if you haven't already). They have lots of great finds for less, and I've seen a fair bit that looks like what you posted on Pinterest!