Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Tuesday with Maggie.

Okay, so probably no one cares about this except me but I'm a little bummed that Tuesday came and went and I didn't post anything. I swear I'm a woman of my word - I just got busy!

We drove to Louisville yesterday after a long, leisurely morning at one of my favorite neighbor's. I was supposed to be going over to grab Liam from his sleepover but three hours later we were still just chatting away.

There was a time when this most likely would not have happened. I probably would have taken the out after one cup of coffee so I could go home and pack really fast so I could post to my blog before hitting the road.

But lately I care less about the relationships I have through my Internet connection, and more about the connections I have with the living breathing people in my life. This seems obvious, I know, but when you have hundreds of "friends" out there in cyber space, sometimes you can feel like a busy little social butterfly even though you've hardly left your house. I don't see anything wrong with reconnecting with an old friend on Facebook or getting to know someone through their blog, but it's no substitution for the real thing.

Anywho. After my neighbor and I chit chatted all morning, I ran home to pack for a few days at my sister's house and a long wedding weekend in Austin with almost ALL of my favorite old friends. Now, I despise packing for a normal agenda, but for a wedding in a place I've never been but always wanted to go with friends I don't get to see very often? That's kind of my nightmare. Add in the fact that I had to do it FAST and you have what may or may not be a disaster. So far I've discovered I packed a shirt that I KNOW was in the donation bag but forgot to bring pajamas and warm socks. Thankfully Bill packed for the kids. Otherwise who knows what they'd be wearing right now. Not that it would matter. We're just watching Elf while my nephew Jack naps, waiting for Moose and Ick to come home from work.

I'm writing this on my iPhone which is a really great thing to be able to do but also sort of slow going and awkward so I'm gonna go ahead and wrap this up. After I add a bunch of random pictures just because. Hope y'all enjoy the rest of your week!



For the love of God, how long does it take for loose teeth to FALL OUT?!






His pet rock Rocky wasn't the only googly eyed art at the museum.


He's wearing his daddy's jacket...it's too small but he loves it.






When Liam's away, we go to sushi!

No comments: