Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year's Eve resolutions.

New Year's Eve. It's kind of that one night a year I get get sucked into thinking I need to do something fun. Like maybe I really want to just put on my comfy pants and watch some Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee (my actual idea of fun) but I think, "No, I can't do that. It's New Year's Eve! I should do something...exciting! Or at least something that requires pants with a waistband..."

We toyed with the idea of hosting a party but realized about four seconds in that we just couldn't be bothered. Liam was like, "So...what? You're just going to sit around waiting for someone else to have a party we can go to?" I told him I thought this was a pretty solid plan. "Worst case scenario, we can just hang out together!"

He was not impressed.

Fortunately my plan worked and someone did volunteer to host a party! So tomorrow night we'll be wearing real clothes and leaving the house and giving 2013 a proper send off. With friends and family and waistbands and cocktails and maybe even some Twister if I can rally the troops (it's what my Dad sent us for Christmas).

With that in mind, I have decided to make a few New Year's Eve resolutions:

  1. I will not over serve myself.
  2. I will not allow anyone else to over serve me.
  3. I will try to remember that champagne WILL HAPPEN and plan accordingly.
I was going to make a few more (like, I will not to barf on my bed...) but I think if I can stick to the first three, the rest of the night should take care of itself. The main goal is to wake up on January 1st feeling like a rock star (not an actual rock star, a metaphorical rock star...I said I didn't want to barf on the bed, remember?). I have a feeling 2014 is going to be one heck of a great year and I want to be ready for it.

No comments: