Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The man, the myth, the legend.

Today is my Billy's 37th birthday. That's crazy, y'all. Not only does it mean he's in his late 30s now (I'm 9 months younger so I get to stay in my mid-thirties a bit longer), it also means I've been celebrating this kid's birthday for a very full and awesome 20 years.

trying to pin on the boutonniere before some dance...


In honor of his birthday, I think I'll post a super old post (from June!) I never finished...

Recently my cousin Alexa and her roommate Celine came to Nashville for a visit. I won't bore you with the details (i.e. it was fabulous!) but wanted to give a quick shout out to my main man who upon getting to know the girls was like, "Dude, they don't know ANYTHING about me! Why don't I get more love on your blog?"

I'm sure he's regretting that statement at the moment.

I told him I purposely don't write about him that much because he's a professional with a career and I'm sure he doesn't want people he works with knowing all his stories. I am trying to respect his privacy. He was like, "Oh, yeah. Good point." But I could tell he still felt a little left out.

So.

As I was looking back through some photos of our visit, I stumbled upon a series from our night out at Robert's Western World that totally crack me up and I thought might give you a better idea of the man I call my own without full on exploitation (I hope).

We were hanging out at Robert's, enjoying Brazilbilly, when I suggested we try "reverse photo bombing." This is something our friends came up with (or, at least, they're who I picked it up from) while traveling in Europe this summer. It goes a little something like this: instead of getting in someone else's picture (aka, a photo bomb), you try to get someone else in yours.

(You know I love a photo challenge.)

Simple enough, right? You would think. But Bill just COULD NOT make it happen.



All of the above photos were...cute. But did you notice how no one was actually in the picture but him? We pointed this out and he tried to fix it, but...





Dude! Those are all people we know. So not the point of a reverse photo bomb... At least he still got credit for making us laugh hysterically.

Happy birthday to my #1 guy. You're so many things to so many people but to me your just my B (wherein B = everything). I love you, birthday man!!

1 comment:

Alexa Egeck said...

These photos crack me up! What a great night!