Thursday, March 6, 2014

Found wig.

One of the strange things we noticed when moving to Nashville from the West was the types of things we found on the ground. Regular litter, sure (I've seen people sitting in their cars just throwing trash out the window...in a PARKING LOT), but also some really specific stuff.

Namely chicken bones and wigs.

Now, if you're reading this in Reno, you are probably as mind boggled as I once was. If you're reading this in Nashville, you're like, "What? That seems pretty normal."

We've never been able to figure out WHY there are wigs and partial wigs and weaves and braids left behind. I mean, if you leave the house with a hair piece on, shouldn't you KEEP it on? Everyone knows that even a bad wig is better than what's left underneath once you've been wearing one for a while. Like hat hair times a million. That's why I had to travel home from New Orleans in full costume (and was SO glad I didn't have to remove my wig to get through security!).


Yesterday, I was enlightened.

The boys and I were driving down the interstate when I noticed the people in the car ahead of us were fighting. Not arguing; fighting. Like WWF in the backseat of a car. I slowed down a bit since I figured they'd probably crash and I didn't want to get caught up in all that. But I was absolutely mesmerized by the fight. Was it a kidnapping? Mobsters? Siblings who really really don't like each other? I figured I better keep watching just in case I needed to intervene. Plus, you know, I could not look away.

Suddenly one of the doors swung open and I thought, "OMG, OMG, they're going to push someone out of the car!" Okay, I really thought, "OMG, OMG, they're going to push someone out of the car and I'm probably going to run over them!" That would be the WORST. But instead the door just opened for a second and closed again. I bet you'll never guess what got thrown out...

I'll give you a hint: it was NOT a chicken bone.

No comments: