Friday, April 25, 2014

Decisions, decisions.

It's Friday night. Dishes are (finally) done, kids are in bed and Bill just left for a playdate with his buddy. (If your husband doesn't have a BFF, I highly recommend you look into that for him, like, immediately. It's the best.)

TGIF, am I right?!

Totally. Although, I'm not gonna lie, this kind of situation can also be a little stressful for me. I mean, how often do I get a whole Friday night to myself?

Not that often!

I should probably do something amazing, right?

I mean, I could work on my screenplay or write one of the blog posts I've drafted in my head or check in with my art journal or, at the very least, fold some laundry so the dryer stops yelling at me.

Any one of those things (except the laundry...) would be totally fun and fulfilling and a great way to spend my night.

But let's be honest. It's already past my bedtime I had enough wine with dinner that I could easily fall asleep until next Tuesday. Which sounds kind of like the best but also a little bit like a waste of a perfectly good Friday night.

Plus, if I'm honest, all I really want to do is check in with my Bravermans. I'm almost caught up with the series which is totally bumming me out but also making me want to lap up the few episodes I have left with a major Friday night binge sesh.

And after the week I've had with my very emotional three year old, there's no better way I can think to spend this time than with a made up family whose problems don't affect me one tiny bit.

I think a decision has been made.

Good night, y'all. Here's hoping for more writing time next week. xo

No comments: