Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Girls fight.

Bill and I don't usually watch a lot of TV (not in a self-righteous, we're too good for it sort of way, more in a, let's see if there are any new documentaries or movies on Netflix sort of way), but recently a friend let us use his HBO Go password and oh-em-gee did it change everything.

First and foremost, if you haven't seen Sonic Highways, you are seriously missing out.

Secondly, GIRLS. I'm not going to lie and say it's the best show I've ever seen because it's not. It's weird and over the top and far fetched and Lena Dunham is literally naked in every single episode. BUT, the episodes are short and usually end abruptly so it's a perfect candidate for a little binge watching on a chilly night.

We haven't had a show in so long I had forgotten how much fun it could be to just KEEP WATCHING. We did this with Lost a million years ago and stayed up so late one night Bill had to stay home sick the next day.

GOOD TIMES.

Thankfully Girls is so short we can watch indulgently while still getting to bed at a decent hour. At least, that's the theory. But not last night. Last night we decided to get into a big fight based on a hypothetical Girls inspired situation and stay up way too late arguing about...um... I seriously still don't know.

We had just watched the episode where Hannah decides to go to grad school in Iowa and Adam is being all needy and sulking around and I said something like, "I wonder how you would act if I was going away to...oh wait, that would never happen." And then, we fought. Or argued or whatever. We traded in a good night's sleep for a heated conversation based on some random never-gonna-happen hypothetical.

"But I'm NOT GOING TO COLLEGE!" I kept saying.

"Ugh, let's just take this whole support thing on a CASE BY CASE basis, okay? I can't have you traipsing off to India or whatever..."

"WHO SAID ANYTHING ABOUT INDIA!!??"

It was insane. And I think maybe the reason we don't watch a lot of TV...

No comments: