Thursday, February 5, 2015

Eight has been great, but nine is so fine!

My baby is nine! Holy cow, you guys. How did this happen?? It's like one day he was born and then nine long years later...oh yeah, that makes sense. It still takes me a bit by surprise when I realize how BIG he is though. Or, even more so, when I realize how little he used to be...



All the yesterdays are gone and I'm grateful for every single one of them. (Yes, even the hard ones.) Today is IT. And we have so so much to celebrate...



The title of this post and the song for the slideshow (Firework by Katy Perry) were both chosen by Liam.

Happy 9th birthday, Liam! You continue to amaze me and be one of the greatest teachers I have ever had. I'm so thankful you're my son, my friend, my roommate, my professor. You are a scientist, a philosopher, and a creator of great things. You're a loyal friend, a loving brother, and seriously the greatest kid anyone could ask for. I'm so lucky to call you my son. xo - Mama

No comments: