Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter weekend

Since we don't go to church and have no family in town, our Easter is not very traditional. It's fun, don't get me wrong, just sort of unpredictable.





If you had asked me a week ago what we were doing for Easter, I would have had no idea. But by Thursday or Friday, plans were starting to take shape. A crawfish boil, an Easter egg hunt with friends, dying eggs at home and, of course, our annual backyard photo shoot with the little stuffed bunny we've had since Liam's first Easter.

This is not the boys' favorite tradition in the world but the show must go on. It wouldn't be a tradition if we stopped doing it! At first I really wasn't sure if I'd be able to talk them into it or not so I took advantage of an early morning wrestle mania sesh on my bed and just sort of tossed the bunny into the frame. I figured, if nothing else, at least the tradition could continue.


But fortunately, a bit later in the day, they decided a few photos in the backyard would be worth a little Easter candy. Which is probably exactly how we've kept up with this tradition all these years. Bribery.




Whatever works, right?





Like pizza for Easter dinner. Playing in the parked van most of the afternoon. And painting on the front porch. It may not seem very Eastery but for us, this year, it felt just right.

No comments: